Energy Star Certified New Homes by Artisan East
Artisan East Custom Homes is a Energy Star Certified Builder in New Bern, NC. We are proud to offer new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR label. ENERGY STAR qualified new homes are substantially more energy efficient than homes built to minimum code requirements. Artisan East provides ENERGY STAR qualified custom homes that are independently verified by a third-party Home Energy Rater to ensure they meet ENERGY STAR efficiency guidelines. These homes are better for the environment and better for you.
Artisan East Custom Homes average HERS (Home Energy Rating System) score in 2014 was *55.31 which is 18.7% better than the average HERS rated home in N.C. According to Duke Energy and the State Department of Insurance (Building Codes), the average new construction home in NC, under the revised Energy requirements in the Building Code rates out to approximately a HERS score of 85. At that rate, your average rated home is 35% more energy efficient than the state-wide average “Code” built home in N.C.
*A lower score means a more affordable, comfortable and energy efficient home.
BENEFITS OF OWNING ONE OF OUR ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED NEW HOMES INCLUDE:
- A Government- backed label
- All ENERGY STAR qualified new homes are certified to meet EPA’s strict guidelines for energy efficient. This exemplary performance is verified by an independent third party.
- Lower Utility Costs
- Compared with standard homes, ENERGY STAR qualified now homes use substantially less energy for heating, cooling and hot water heating. Homeowners can expect to save about $200-$400 annually on their utility bills.
- More Comfortable/Quieter Homes
- The energy-efficient features of ENERGY STAR qualified new homes keep out excessive heat, cold, noise and ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms- making these homes more comfortable in which to live.
- Helping to Create a Better Future
- By purchasing an ENERGY STAR qualified new home, you are joining millions of consumers who have changed to ENERGY STAR, helping our nation reduce our energy needs and building a cleaner environment for the future.
- Features of Our ENERGY STAR Qualified New Homes Include:
- Effective insulation: Properly installed insulation that meets or exceed national code requirements helps achieve even temperatures throughout the house, while using less energy. The result is lower utility costs and a quieter, more comfortable home.
- High-performance windows: Advanced window coatings help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. They also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furniture.
- Tight Construction and Ducts: Attention to detail by sealing all holes, crack and seams in ducts and construction assemblies helps eliminate drafts, moisture, dust, pests and pollen. This improves comfort and the quality of indoor air, while lowering maintenance costs.
- Energy-efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment: More efficient and properly-sized heating and cooling systems use less energy, which reduces utility bills. These systems also turn on and off.